RCU Forums - View Single Post - Set Ups for 3D Buddies
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
toyman94
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set Ups for 3D Buddies

Hey guys, thought I'd add my experience to the mix. I have had my Edge Buddy for over a year and I like it but the fuselage finally gave up. I definitely didn't crash it ever, the thing just got more flimsy over time so I just kept adding carbon fiber where needed. The weight kept getting more and more, performance worse and worse.
Anyway, I made a fuse from the pink insulation foam you buy at Home Depot. I was worried it would be heavier but I was wrong. Compared to the fuse with the carbon fiber added to it, the weight was less. I know one thing, it is defintely stiffer. The plane would couple in tight loops before, now the loops are crisp and it holds it's direction better. I plan on weighing it tommorow at my work cuz I have no scale so I will let ya know more if ya like. It is solid right now, I may cut some foam away in diferent places and taper the top and bottom some to remove weight. I have to get my camera back from my sister, then I will take some photos. Also important to note, I removed one aileron servo and move to a single central one, I mounted the tail servos just behind the wing with shorter push rods that I plan on switching to carbon fiber ones. I just had to move the battery further forward. I really think this thing has never flown so good and I plan on improving it. I may even buy just a replacement wing for a buddy and build another cuz I really like the strength of this wing with the symetrical airfoil. Also I am using the included himax brushless motor and prop. I am gonna start experimenting with diferent props. If you guys like I will keep ya informed.

Later,
Keith Schmitt