RCU Forums - View Single Post - Once and for ALL-AFPD,Reflex
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Once and for ALL-AFPD,Reflex

Obviously with Reflex and AFPD it's not even a tossup to whom has better graphics, they have the same technology. It comes down to who has the better camera to shoot the background and who can model the better looking plane. However, in the 3D worlds AFPD takes it by a landslide. AFPD graphics shown below.

Now simulators main objective is to give the most accurate feel, this is where AFPD takes it in a landslide. Obviously they are both good enough to please the eye, but AFPD figured out how to translate real world physics into a software program and Reflex is far behind. They say Reflex has better heli physics, although I own both I guess I'm just not good enough heli pilot to feel it. But in airplanes Reflex is on the same level as G3.

Also AFPD has a TON more features and more then twice as many free planes to download. If your wondering why AFPD has the most downloads, it's simple, the modelers know where to spend their time to make sure their planes fly the most accurate. Anyhow ... if you are deciding between the 2 take AFPD, unless you want helis, then it's a toss up. Make sure you buy it from Ikarus direct as they have the best and only support now.

By the way if you have AFPD you have to dload this mountain scene, it's AWESEOME! Best one ever, it's fully mapped for collision, I mean FULLY mapped too, all mountains and everything.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80475.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	476648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18465.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	476649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98692.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.2 KB