Thread: VQ P-39 pics
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 08:26 PM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-39 pics

miklos,

I have the same vq p-39. You are correct about the glide. I found this airplane is so streamline that it would keep right on flying past the runway. I changed to a three blade master airscrew prop and it trully improved the landing. I used a OS 40Fx in mine and mounted it side ways using a slimline pitts muffler.It all worked out well with more than enough power. I find it flys like a sport plane instead of a warbird. I will say that the camoflge scheme really makes it hard to see in the air. Heck , I even flew with the belly tank on and landed without a scratch. Just forgot to remove it and it went unnoticed. I did put slightly larger wheels on, 1/4" larger than the kit provided. I thought the clearance was really tight between the ground and the prop. I made one change to the elevators. In stead of using that split elevator rod which I could not get to work evenly, I used a single rod attached to one elevator half and put a wire brace between the two elevator halves. I just didn't want an elevon effect

Gerry