RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale A6M5 Zero Cockpit
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
LaserTank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale A6M5 Zero Cockpit

`Messysmit, If this stuff p***** you off, find something better to do with your time that involves antacids. Being "unwilling to comment" about your IMP cockpit you received speaks volumes. I bet you have bugs in your product, errors in your drawings. Care to discuss them in a open forum?

`Dinosnotus, reading comprehension would really help you out. Maybe I need to write on a 4th grade reading level instead of 6th? My comments are not taking a cheap shot at BVM here, but simply making comparison for the uneducated modeler such as yourself as to a "top of the line" model vs. supposed claims against the IMP models. There were pin holes in the BVM fuselage glass work as well as bubbles between layups in the lamination. It happens! I made it work with a little effort. Not griping; just the facts. The BVM model built with a little extra work; seems most people are afraid to do that now days, I feel I am addressing them here, you know, the amateurs who cannot handle troubleshooting, but the BVM looked & flew damn good when the model was completed and I said as much. If you knew how to make a model from glass you would find it is very difficult to get all the bubbles out of a layup witout bagging it, and even then, you can wind up with a few when doing a fuselage.

As far as free speech goes, I've had guys knock off my work, and it has happened to many of my friends as well. Fiberglass parts are easy to knock off making a quick mold of your own with plaster of paris. The mold shrinks a bit and you get alignment defects. Unless I got it straight from the company, I'd question it's origins before bashing anyone, and then, if it came from the manufacturer, flawed, I'd return it and give them a chance to make things right. Everyone deserves that opportunity. You know to be human is ok once in a while.

I do not expect perfect in an RC kit because I would need a budget like NASA to afford perfect in a short run kit. "Workable" for a short run kit is to be expected. Still there will be guys like you to complain that you could not shake the box and a perfect airplane/"toy" did not fall out. I'm sure it hurt when you guys fell from heaven.