RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad Pushing Problem(w/ hyper PCR)
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
VeeAte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Pushing Problem(w/ hyper PCR)

Metal Steering servo arm helped my PBS PCR Pro as the stock plastic one would flex a fair amount and under load while driving I dont think it handled the job too well at all.

Less castor also helped. And I run softer springs on the front which also seemed to help get it turning.

I run 60wt Associated oil in the front and 40wt Associated oil in the rear shocks.
Tyres are Proline Step-Ups with firm moulded inners.

Front shocks:
Top shock mount is on the inside of shock tower.
Bottom shock mount is in holes closest to wheels (outer holes).

Rear shocks:
Top mount is in the middle of the holes and on the lower mounting holes.
Bottom is closest to wheels (outer holes)

(Edit)
Forgot to mention the dif oils.
Front: 7,000
Centre: 5,000
Rear: 3,000

I dont run much toe out in the front and not much rear toe in. (cant tell you exactly but its not much).
Camber is also very minimal on my hyper front and rear.

Out of all those things the ones that made the biggest difference were the metal arm for the steering servo and softer front springs.
Our track is a mix of very hard packed clay to loose sandy clay in sections and average surface ie: sometimes bumpy sometimes fairly smooth.

One other thing to check is the nuts on top of the ackerman plate where the steering arm ball mounts onto it: this nut touches the plastic suspension arms if you pull all the weight off the buggy and turn the steering servo. So on mine I had to wind the grub screws out on the lower arm so when weight was lifted off the buggy the wheels didnt droop quite as far at full travel and this let the nut pass by the arm without contacting it. Shouldnt affect steering effectiveness but something to look out for while you are messing with all this stuff :P