RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control horn problems on 73" Yak.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 04:32 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Control horn problems on 73" Yak.

Reza,

The directions call for the hole to be 1/8" behind the hingle line, so if I do that both of them will be off 1/8". I got your message suggesting that I fix this in sub-trim, which is fine, but there is still one problem. The longer horn not only has the hole .085" father forward, but it is about the same amount taller. So the geometery of the linkage won't be the same on both wings because the servo horns are different.

I'm thinking about drilling a new hole in both horns. This would allow them to both be 1/8" behind the centerline of the hinge but also puts the holes in exactly the same place. Here is a diagram that shows the different shapes of the different horns and where I would drill the new hole.

Does that look like a good way to fix that to you, or does it put the new hole too close to the existing hole on the small horn? Also, Do you have any extra horns laying around? Perhaps sending out another one would be better, as I would feel much more comfortable with this if the horns where the same.

Hopefully I'm not asking dumb questions, but I'm not an expert on linkage geometery, all I know is you want everything exactly the same so that one wing doesn't act differently than the other.

Thanks,
schu