RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Old Sterling CC 63-Foot Motoryacht
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 12:14 AM
E-Challenged

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Old Sterling CC 63-Foot Motoryacht

Got 'er down and dusted her off to get ready for 4th of July picnic near the pond. I bought her from a kid that inherited her from an uncle some 20 years ago, she was already about 20 years old then. I hollowed out all the lead-loy running lights and searchlight, installed grain of wheat bulbs in them. installed mast lights, rear deck and cabin lighs. Lights turn on in sequence with a servo and pushrod with cams operating micro switches. Runs on an old Leisure 20 cobalt motor, AF speed control, two 8-cell sub C nicad packs in series and a reversing device made from a servo and a truck toggle switch. The search light moves and an electric bike horn sounds with servos and microswitches. I carved bikini girls, deck hand, skipper and grandma and grandpop from balsa chunks and painted them. Made deck furniture from hobby mahogany. The portable color TV has a gow bulb inside and piece of 35mm slide for a picture. It'll putter around scale like or make like a runabout with hull almost out of the water.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12094.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	483429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81412.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	483430