RCU Forums - View Single Post - New design from the makers of ABBRA - the Leviosa!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:57 AM
David Kyjovsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New design from the makers of ABBRA - the Leviosa!

ORIGINAL: Pro pattern

Hello there David,
Any update on the plane, any more flights on?
Keep us up to date.

Now I have about 24 flights or so...

It feels somewhat different from my former plane (the Elexant, from the same maker). Probably because the Elexant was more mid-wing, while this one is rather low-wing...

It is very precise, tracks perfectly in loops and corners - I did not have to tweak anything to achive that. All you need is level wings and pull (push)... Efficient rudder.

Yesterday I played with differentitation. Settled on 13% positive (down throw is less). Aileron gap is sealed from the inside.

Next thing, I want to play with the CG. Now it feels a bit more nose heavy than the Elexant... but it is not unpleasant. Quite steady and locked in feel.

Tomorrow I am leaving for the IFF international F3A competition in Liechtenstein. I do not expect any miracles, because the plane still feels quite fresh (with Elexant I sort of knew what the plane was doing even if I did not see the wings well etc, if u know what I mean ) and the level of the competition is ..well.. [link=http://www.mfgl.li/english/contest/iffappl_liste.php]cutthroat [/link]

All in all, the plane looks promising and I like it more and more.