RCU Forums - View Single Post - PA mini Katana vs ExtremeFlight Extra
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
benmartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PA mini Katana vs ExtremeFlight Extra

hey MalaysianFlyer,

mate i bought the katana mini a few months ago and enjoyed flying it a lot. good 3d and pretty tough considering how light it is (except the stock undercarriage - lasted about 10 flights!) never really got to grips with flying it anything like precisely though! moved the c of g around, changed control throws and exponential and fiddled with mixes and just accepted it in the end. i'm (very) far from being the world's best pilot though and i've seen the videos by the aerofunrc boys doing amazing stuff with them. it was still fun though!

so i bought myself the EF extra a few weeks ago (with the EF power system) and maidened it on the weekend. now i don't work for extreme flight or anything like that, i'm just a regular weekend schmuck flyer, but the extra is amazing! so nicely built and it flies so precisely and yet still flips and hangs in all the 3d manuevres that i can do. for me it just flies completely differently to the katana mini. feels much (like much!!) bigger. i still rate the katana highly (and big ups to precision aerobatics from my hometown sydney, i really fancy their big edge 540) but for me its EF extra all the way! i do have hitec hs65s on my extra and hs55s on my katana. not sure how much difference that has made to the flying. if it has its all good!

sorry boys i've rambled on a bit here and you'll enjoy them both MalaysianFlyer, but for me its an easy choice!

good luck mate,

ben