RCU Forums - View Single Post - New CMP 50-sized Corsair
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New CMP 50-sized Corsair

Well, just got back from flying the Corsair. About all I can say it flew great the first three flights. The extra weight up front really helped in one way but cost me in another. It took most of our field to get in the air but once up, flew great and came in hot, but no real problem. On my last flight, I goofed again and lifted off to soon and it snapped, this time breaking the wing in two. Again, a lot of damage but still fixable. The problem I had was the motor just wasn't large enough for that much weight. On your plane, that 70 4-stroke you mentioned should do the trick for both power and weight. I'll repair my plane and next time install a larger engine and I should be good to go. At the present time, I'm thinking of going with the 120 Corsair but using a 150 4-stroke.
Larry

Decided to fix this plane instead of getting another one. This way after the repairs on the wing, I will reinforce some very soft spots on the fuselage then repaint the plane with paint I have on hand so that future repairs will be easier to make. As for CorsairJock comment about being scale, I agree with him but only to a point. I know the complete Corsair was Sea Blue, I still paint all my warbirds with a light grey paint on the bottom so I can see it more clearly when it's out a distance. At this point, I don't care about being scale as long as it flies good and looks good to me. If I were entering it in contest, then that would be different but I'm not. I don't even want retracts, to much trouble. I rather bend my gears out and not worry about noseovers. Also I am going with a 80 4-stroke.