RCU Forums - View Single Post - FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe
Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
jjaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe

Hi,
I have the lst 1 and have changed to the werks carb and and RD-Logics twin stinger pipe and its a huge difference. The different inserts just push in at the carb mouth, the 6.5mm gives good low down torque (and is probably best for the track) the 8mm has a good spread of power and the 9mm gives a massive top end boost (especially with the twin stinger pipe). The carb is machined in such a way that there is a lip at the bottom (inside) that the insert sits on and if you were to leave them out it would really disrupt air flow by way of turbulance. The pipe i use has two outlets (twin stingers) and again this seems to really help with the top end. (its flamin loud though and your neighbours will hate you). Also some race tracks wont let the twin stinger pipe race as its against some rules or such (luckily my track doesnt care). As for the FOC, i'm still running the stock one but from what i've heard theres quite a gain from the FOC as the reduction of rotarional mass is quite substantial, not to mention the weight drop without the gears and the reversing servo.
All in all i think you'll be happy with the modds
Cheers John