RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?

the paint I was refering to impervex gloss, has a limited amount of colors in the pint size ,actually 1/2 pint size, colors like white,black, blue,bright red,a green,yellow and a few others if you want a custom color you have to buy a QT size unless you mix the stock ones , the varathane diamond WB poly comes in 1/2 pint to gallon sizes in flat, satin and gloss finish I really like the varathane its incredibly hard when cured and recoats in a hour, if you wait longer than that just a light sanding is needed and after cure it sands great.its also real light .I got the idea from RC WARBIRDS.com from the SBD Dauntless thread the builder did a compairison test and the weight and smell was the kicker so I tried it being used to using the product helped for sure, but I was really surprised it worked really well considering its a floor and furniture finish.