RCU Forums - View Single Post - Capitol Jets II, Albany NY Area.
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Frank Alvarez

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Capitol Jets II, Albany NY Area.

Attention, Attention, Attention!

To all upper US based jet jocks:

Capitol Jets II is just two weeks away! We have re-aligned the runway to extract maximum use of the airspace over the core center of the airport!

By order of the Airport Commissioner;
All pilots are hearby cleared to operate turbine powered jet models as far north as you like from our show center and as far south from show center!

Futhermore, we have clearence to operate to our normal split-S required altitudes, or higher as neccassary, in order to provide our spectator crouds the best that money can buy them!

Remember this quote from a rather infamous movie? ("Goose. its time to buzz the tower")
Well, we can't do that! There is however an NDB antenna array abeam the control tower, it is possible that one of you guys will overfly that area, if you do we will apply the appropiate punishment -(Jet fuel/Turbine oil Runner Boy),and let you fly again.

Our new set-up is now on a smooth former taxiway that was used by the GE flight test center about 50 years ago! The actual dimensions are 45X2000 feet long!
Not sure but I think I got Frank Tianno beat by five feet on the runway width! Just kidding Frank- wish you were here too! Well, how's that for flying off hollowed ground guys?

Some of you have already checked in, some of you guys are dealing with property damage caused by heavy rains in the northeast, our prayers go out to you!
However, if your are OK, and able to attend please sound off so that I can reserve your space in the order of registration. My plan is to get first come first serve begining at show center and building out from there.

Don't forget to pack your waivers/documents for the authenticity checks.
Frank A Alvarez,
Capitol Jets CD