RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?
Old 07-01-2006, 10:09 AM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is best 'House Paint' to use? And, anything special used for Airbrush thinning?

Thanks for the tip and complement on my mustang. However the soap in WW fluid acts as a surfactant that makes the paint flow out. It makes it wetter. The same for flotrol. Flotrol is very expensive compared to WW fluid. I will try to find some clear WW fluid, because my next plane is mostly white. I used the blue for all colors on my Mustang, and the yellow matches the paint in the can after it dried. I to used the metalic silver latex sold by Home Depot. They mixed all my paint to order. great and friendly service, she wasn't bad looking either...LOL
I used exterior latex primer, and color.
The last part of the question, the plane was built from a Fiberclassics kit. Has a First Place 5.8 in the nose, Sierra retracts and Robart wheels, air operated canopy, all nav lights and swing down LL are functional. Sequencing gear doors, drop tanks are releasable in flight and the rear scoop door opens and closes due to engine throttle setting, even the gas cap on the side of the fuse is operational. I did a build on RCU titled Fiberclassic Mustang p-51now Comp ARF P-51. The plane is awaiting its's maiden flight. I had a static showing of it for a Tuskegee airmen gathering, and was waiting till that was over.
Gary