RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC-9, VMAR or Seagull?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 03:20 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull PC-9

No experience with the VMAR, sorry

I just got the Seagull PC-9 a couple of weeks back. Reasonably nice kit, but the instructions are a bit crappy. Worst feature is the nose wheel steering arm (very loose), four other owners of this model complained to me of the same problem, suggest you change it if you do purchase the kit. Also, the wings are a real pain to get aligned properly when joining, this took me a good hour to get it done, so dont believe the claim they make of assembly needing onely and hour.

It flies quite nicely, can be fun to play with in the air, and is reasonably crash resistant (for an ARF). I had mine go down on a dead stick landing, the nose wheel decided to part ways on touchdown, and flipped the model over. No damage though.

Overall, its a nice kit, though not as good quality as the big names like Great planes and such, but when you consider the price difference, its worthwhile. Mine is modified for flaperon operation, but havent tried it our on landing yet. Has anyone else modified the model for flaperons?