RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hawk Pro-what else do I need?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:21 PM
d4a2n0k
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hawk Pro-what else do I need?

Thanks for the pointers.

rf_reggie-I will probably hold off on the aluminum fan for now unless you say that its really neccesary at this point. Are the stock plastic ones prone to breaking? Is that why you recommended getting a spare? So I will be ok with the CN0427 along with a typical starter? Besides the glow igniter, I wont need anything else to get it started? I will read up on the header tank. I was also thinking about the ball-link pliers but noticed there were so many different price points ranging from $6.00 to about $30.00. The cheaper ones look, well cheap so will go with the heavier duty ones. I was able to hover my Nexus very good so will probably skip the training gear. My problem is nose in hovering but will get a simulator to practice that on. I am getting the 401 gyro that comes with the package which Ive been reading is a pretty decent gyro. Will also order the blade holder. What is a run-up stand? Never heard of that.

grouper1-Ive read a few posts about set screws not having loc-tight from the factory so will definitely go over all pre-assembled parts upon arrival. When I had my Nexus, I bought the kit version and not the ARF so did build it from scratch. I feel comfortable with these helis so thnk I will be ok there.