RCU Forums - View Single Post - DECATHLON crash and BURNED
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:59 PM
av8rdavid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DECATHLON crash and BURNED

Awsome Bruce!
Yeah, i just moved here about 6 months ago from NY and was looking to getting my feet wet with something other than flight instruction...I have almost 500 hours and all my ratings except ATP but its super hard especially in turf you are not familiar with or with people you don't know....
So who do you fly for (if you still fly) now? I need my 1000 TT and 200 multi to get hooked up with a commuter, but being a skydive pilot would be sweeeeeet....
I think although getting a job at a commuter might be easier than it was years ago (where people couldn't even land an interview with 2500 hours), its still a tough ball park due to these schools that fabricate pilots in a year and have them in the right seat of an ERJ or CRJ after a few months of flight instruction.....
Flight instructing isn't for everyone! I put lots of everything into everything i do and don't like things done half a** (as you can see from the pics....If it burns IT BURNS!) so i don't feel keen on flight instructing since i would like a new pilot to be as good as he can be with the help of someone devoted to their job.....These 19 year old CFI's milk their students for the hours just to get to that right seat in a jet and i don't want any part of it...It just starts a vicious cycle of undertrained pilots flying the skys depending on the backup of a GPS to know where they are most of the time (believe me, i've seen it!).hahaha! But hey, thanks for the advice and its great to know!