RCU Forums - View Single Post - fusion?
Thread: fusion?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 07:34 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fusion?

I have the small Fusion ARF and the big Fusion kit, which doesn't come with hardware. I wasn't real impressed with the hardware on the small one either, but used everything except the motor mount bolts. So far, it's holding up OK, but I only have a few flights on it. The control horn screws for the rudder an elevator were pretty short, and only allow a few threads to catch. Several of us have made a note of the problems we found and alerted OMP about them. But, overall, they're a great value. If you're used to flying profiles, the Fusion will be a little different. It's a lot smoother, but will still do any 3D manuever with ease. It's one of the easiest to harrier planes I've ever flown, and knife edge is incredible. I like just flying back and forth along the runway doing half knife-edge loops at each end. almost no coupling, even at extreme rudder throws.

The big Fusion has quickly become my favorite plane. I started with a Saito 150 on it, but decided to see how it would fly if it was lighter. So, I put a Magnum 91 2 stroke on it and dropped 12oz. Still flies incredible, and the 91 gives it excellent pullout (Not as good as the Saito, but still good). This plane can fly great at a wide weight range.