RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stryker NiMH flight longevity contest..
Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 PM
JasonRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stryker NiMH flight longevity contest..

Just thought I'd post here to relay the following info:

I have two NiMH batteries for my Stryker- both 1000mah, one came with the plane stock, and I bought another.

I just flew today in wind that ranged from about 3mph with gusts 5-10mph. With stock batteries, motor, and prop, I got the following flight times with lots of throttle management:

10minutes 45sec
13minutes 20sec

Neither flight hit the BEC, but the last flight, I did hear the motor drop off drastically, and made a landing at the last second. Not too shabby for non-lipo!

So, I figured I'd post, and see if anyone is interested in a little contest? How long can you keep your Stryker in the air with the stock batteries? It must be stock motor, stock batteries (900mah or 1000mah), and stock prop. My bird has had the servos and receiver replaced with standard RC receiver, servos, and ESC units.. I'm not sure if the wind helped or hurt the flight times I got.. I did have full throttle at launch, and to get altitude. Then I would get as high as possible, then throttle way back and look for thermals. Both flights I got a little greedy and did a roll or two, high-speed low altitude flybys, etc., so I'm sure these times are beatable.

Let's hear some times from you guys!
Jason