RCU Forums - View Single Post - Profile P-38 on FLOATS- HELP
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Profile P-38 on FLOATS- HELP

You guys are great and thank you...I am, though, a bit impressionable.......so showing me more unusual float planes is not good for my pocket book or marriage. If you find a five engine B-17 on floats...Rcwarbirds.com...DONT" TELL ME!!!!
Ok, to try to answer some of these points. I am NOT sure the rear angle is that sharp as shown above, but will measure. These were given to the project FOC,,,you get what you pay for,,,but now you guys are making me take this seriously and giving me more to check. The plane was at high speed but nose high as shown in the pictures. Increasing the elevator travel did nothing.
I did not "Rock" the plane as suggested. I also noted on the plans above that it shows the CG of the plane in front of the step. I have ON the step. The front of the float look long, as I lengthened them with a NONE floating step or ski to reduce the spray to the props and it worked. I really was amazed how really easy the plane was to control with floats, even a twin that the engines are not coupled to the rudders.
I will keep looking at it..Hope that Gater in the pond leaves.
Thanks again,

Twinman