RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane for 100 x 200 field?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plane for 100 x 200 field?

ORIGINAL: larrwill

The 100x200 is currently clear of trees and is my front yard. There is a group of very tall trees accross the street about 40' from the front 200' side of the space, and houses around, I could probably call it 140x230. The boundries of the space are not all solid (i.e. trees and houses) but I perfer to not fly over neighbors yards and houses.

Not an expert, intermediate skill level. I had a tough time keeping the MUS in that space and strayed out most of the time.

I would like it to be as aerobatic as possible.

What is an X250?
My, you have a big front yard. I'm envious. My neighborhood is thick with trees that overhang the streets. The closest place with room for park flying is a local schoolyard or the park. The trouble is that the park is never really empty of people and their animals. I'm not comfortable flying there; too many things can go wrong. Too bad, because I bought the TigerMoth 400 with flying in the park in mind. I can fly it in the school yard when no kids are present but that doesn't happen very often.

Not surprised you have trouble keeping the MUS in the available air space. One of my friends has one. I've flown it. It's not as fast as my Super Sportster EP but it's quick enough at full power. Both of them will glide a long way in ground effect unless you drag them in at a high AoA, or slip them in. Have you tried the flaps on the MUS?

I did a Google search on "x250 model airplane." Came up with a X250 low wing model from SR Batteries. That might be it. About the same size as the MUS and slicker.

Cheers,

CR