RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Best Simulator To Me Is:
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 01:49 AM
rscamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best Simulator To Me Is:

Originally posted by smthlndr
if you ever have played the 2002 fs proffesional edition. you have more views than any other r/c sim. out there. just dont sit in the seat. if you move the camera above and behind the plane on take off it looks just like rc. and you can fly it towards or away from you and in thousands of angles. i have to stick with this sim. it worked for me. although r/c sims give you the same remote you fly with, it doesn't change the directions in wich your going when you make a move. you can fly this sim in the camera mode as to where you have the most difficult times in judging direction. say for instance coming toward you. fly with the camera in that mode.

"fly like an eagle land like a feather"
I have no doubt that certain things can be learned on a simulator with a joystick, but using a joystick won't do much to teach you move your thumbs instintively in the right directions on a Mode 2 configured R/C transmitter. I'm sure if you started to use an R/C transmitter you would pick it up quickly, but until then as we all know, if you have to think about your next control input you've probably already crashed.

Rob