RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any info/help with these planes please..
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 02:45 AM
lnjfarms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info/help with these planes please..

Hey Fletch,
To answer you question I don't know why Tamiya plugs are so common. I would guess they got started using them on rc cars and land craft which probably works ok when you can stop an mess with them but in the air they are a pain.
I will have plenty of time to redesign the battery box , tried to fly this evening and the plane took off ok then went hard left and cartwheeled in. Bright side is I am getting better at repairing ARFs.
If you use the recommended battery pack CP 1300 cells(size is 2/3 sub c) they just fit in the forward part of the belly pan. Space under the cowl is for the speed controller. I am using a Jamara 35 amp and there is plenty of room for it plus the receiver plug wire is just long enough to go under the wing and back to the receiver. Don't have a y harness so used a Hitec 8 channel supreme which just fits in the small rear compartment of the belly pan.
Let me know what you come up with to fasten that belly pan on with I was thinking a single machine screw straigh in from the bottom just like the wing.
John

ps also working on this goldberg cub
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	46059_3829.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	27628