RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone J-3 Cub RTF
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 06:15 AM
STO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone J-3 Cub RTF

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Jim,
Way back when I went through around 20 different motors, some more then 4 times the price of the Venom. None seemed to have the "guts" the Venom had. That's why I recommended the Venom. That said, it was 2 years ago, I'm sure there may be better choices out there. But a brushed motor is a brushed motor. They wear out, and if they can't be repaired reasonably the cost factor continues to climb, hence the switch to a brushless motor. Other then the bearings, there is nothing inside to wear out. And I'll be honest, I never had to replace a bearing in mine.
Might be time to look at brushless as a way to go.
The Hacker 4900kv motor in mine lasted me over a year, and I say lasted as I've just shippped it off to a bud, so he can play with it. Never gave me a lick of trouble, same power and speed when I retired it from the day I put it in there.
GG that sounds like the ticket i.e. Hacker 4900kv....? Does the motor fit the J3 gearbox and were you able to use the J3 prop shaft and gear? I read somewhere that someone using the Hacker said it was great but that with the increase in rpms would chew up gears....so I'm wondering if outrunner is an even better option....appreciate any insights...