RCU Forums - View Single Post - .28 in a funfactor? oh dear....
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .28 in a funfactor? oh dear....

Here's a few more pics's
I don't know how PP man manages not to break those stock shafts... I broke a few with the stock engine.
You should see some of the stuff he's done with the genesis... WOW
Seriously, check out the vids and pics sections here http://cenracing.com/phpBB/
He has done wicked sick stuff with the genesis and nemesis. He even has a .46 that he has ground out and custom ported.

I really do plan on keeping the 2 speed, and I want to break 65 MPH if I can. I have on year of college left, so I am pretty poor at the moment, but once that's over, I am to break 75 MPH with this truck. lol. Mybe a modded OS .30, or the .46 wtih a 2 speed and high gearing.

Would definately be fun to drag race some onraod cars then though. [>:]

Was looking at my genesis the other day, just got it a few weeks back, and I was noticing the cantilever shock system for the top shocks...
I can't very well fit 4 shocks on the front because there isn't room being that the turnbuckles move due to the steering and they would hit the shocks. But if I was to install a cantilever system(or whatever it is they call it) on the front, I could run 3 shocks up front and 4 on the rear. Might lok cool, and take away some of the stress on the 2 puny CEN shocks.
Force = Area x pressure right? so If you double the area of the shock pistons(add 2 more) you then half the pressure on them, and you have half the chance of a shock blowout on a heavy landing.

You can see on my exhaust system, I have the header mounted to the chassis witha bent coathanger wrapped around and soldered on. I need to do something nicer than that, but I tried migging it wtih no luck. I ran a good flow of CO2/Argon gas mixture and I tried standared wire, stainless wire, and aluminum wire, and they all would just kill the coathanger even on low heat settings and nothing stuck to the copper.....
THen I bent another piece of coathanger for the exhaust front mount.

Oh, and those shafts... STRONG as could be, The stock ones I can bend by hand, but these ones are extremely strong, and they are slimmer than the tmaxx ones wtih all that plastic, and they are a full 8mm all the way along.

I've kept a running list of things I've upgraded/modified in my RCU Profile...

STS .28
CT5 engine mounts
HPI BB Tuned pipe
"custom" header
PRP swift shafts, Drive cups, and hubs
ofna 125cc fuel tank
Cen threaded alum. front shocks
Steel spur gears
steel pinion gears
custom top plate
lay down steering servo
steel vented brake disc