RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
SkyUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Choppersrule,

Thanks for the info and great pics. Congrats on the new purchase, it's great to hear from those that have the Falcon.
I think this is the least expensive way for me to get a RTF with heading hold gyro and brushless motor. I actually was intitially attracted to the Falcon because of the shaft drive tail. I like the linkage from the servo back to the tail, as it has a ball joint instead of the often used "Z" connection at the idler arm at the tail.

In one or two of the videos that I've seen for the Falcon it seems very responsive, I thought I saw a slight vibration in the tail during one of the takeoffs, but that could easily just be the operator at the controls making some slight correction. Have you detected any (notable) vibrations or gitters?

Medic99 - Yup, (Airborne!) I was in the 82nd Signal Bn from 1971-1974 ... I was a generator mechanic/paratrooper ... probably what got me into in all things related to flying, mechanical and electrical. "SkyUp" is what we always used to say when we had to leave (i.e. "I've got to skyup, catch ya later.")