View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:22 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Hey IL2Windhawk,

Thanks for the compliments.

The cockpit kit i ordered from scaleaero was 1-100. I would hazard a guess and say that the 1-127 is excatly the same thing. It is a little bit small but not bad enough to say don't bother with it. The instrument panel is about 1/4 inch short all the way around. If you butt the sidewalls right up, it looks pretty close to the real thing as per my pictures etc...

Shipping time........ I wasn't happy when i finally received mine because it took them about 1 1/2 months to ship it. He (Ed of scale aero) has said on another forum were someone else asked about a cockpit kit for the TF Mustang and i replied with my veiw and experiences as i have in this forum, that it's one of their most popular kits and so they run out of them pretty often..... Not going to comment any more about it.

I have done some more shaping of the forward lower section of the fuse and re-assembled her with the retracts installed again for some photo's and to also compare the whole airframe to my scale information. It's not too bad, Well, better than what i thought. I have come acorss some great ways in which to do the gear doors on aother forum and i will post pic's as that work get's completed on mine. I have also decided how to fair in the cockpit into the fuse so that there will be no canopy line visable when she's finished.

I had to cut away more material than i was hoping for on the ABS cowl to clear the rocker cover and exhaust flange of the O.S. 120 FS pumper... Haven't decided what to do for the exhaust now that i mention it but i'm leaning more and more to making my own again, After i just performed repairs to my Zero's scale exhaust.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95201.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	494906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72772.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	494907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63452.jpg
Views:	160