RCU Forums - View Single Post - First DF aircraft suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 02:44 AM
Madman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First DF aircraft suggestions

Span and length are between 54" and 56", depends on how and what you sand! Based on my OS 91 I will be trying to fit 24 oz total. Plus a 4 oz header. The great planes tank is closest to square and may fit best. The tank will be about 10" ahead of the CG. It may go further back but that will depend on the exact space.

One of the guys who has posted to the rcjet list mentioned he widened the fuse and mounted saddle tanks. They are not too thick and you could get away with about 1.5" to 2" greater width. I wanted to deviate as little as possible from the plans. Also I don't have the tanks and may not be getting them for a while. Another poster used two tanks in the front, one on top of the other!

A couple of us are building two. I am doing the balsa work and the other guy is supplying the wings and painting the planes. Another guy cut the wings and formers. Mine will have fixed gear to save $, the other guy has a set of spring airs.

For the fixed gear I understand the weight should be around 10 lbs. I will post as the project progresses.

Stephen