RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliton Inspire 60 Acro
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 06:41 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Inspire 60 Acro

I wouldn't discount this plane just yet. The plane is nose-heavy which will cause it to pull to the canopy on knife-edge. I was in a big rush to put this one in the air and didn't pay much attention to some of the details. I balanced it the quick and easy way just to get it in the air, but it was still nose-heavy.

I plan to replace the elevator servos (Hitec HS-225's) with Futaba 3202's which are metal-gear and a bit heavier. I also plan to cut open the decking in the rear and put the battery farther back.

Most of the problem is that I'm using a much larger and heavier engine than recommended. I managed to stuff a 12 ounce tank in place of the stock tank so that will resolve flight time issues.

I think if you assemble this model per the manufacturer's intent you'll have a better model than I have. I will work things out as best I am able over the next few weeks. Until then, take my comments as being my problems - not the model's. I didn't do things the way the manufacturer recommended and I have only a half-day's worth of flying on it. Plus, I'm honestly not a very good pilot. I bore holes in the sky.

Hopefully somebody with more skills and piloting credibility than me will post a thread about their Inspire which will give you a better overview of what this model can do.

- Paul