RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
encore2097

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

ORIGINAL: jtspin

encore,

What model are you using in G3? I think the sim is easier partly because you're flying a perfectly trimmed bird. It takes a lot of work to get everything set just right on the 22E. I don't have a computer powerful enought to run G3, but I do practice on FMS. I think it helps with orientation. Try adding some wind with your sim and I would think it would help your reflexes. Have you balanced your blades and set your tracking? It makes a big difference. You also want to make sure your swashplate has a full range of motion without any binding, especially at full travel. I also noticed with my 22E, the front servo arm hit the frame when I gave it full forward cyclic. I have to have the servo arm pointing slightly up, instead of 90 degrees, to keep it from hitting the frame. The servos should be able to move through their full range without any binding.

Stick with it and good luck!
-JT
jtspin,

thanks for the tips I will try that! I will whoelheartedly agree that it helps with orientation! i cannot seem to control the heli when its ar away, its just too hard and I have to use the controls to figure out which way it is pointing and thats a BAD idea... I was using a .30 size 3D flier I beleive and it does help that its perfectly trimmed. I will try to add wind and test that.

Secondly, my 22e blades were tracked properly and it seemed as if my servos were ok. one thing I noticed is that I seem to get forward + left cyclic when I give it forward cyclic only and back and right cyclic when i give it back cyclyic only on the ground... i check the servo lengths and they match to the millimeter (i used some calipers to measure the distance between the arm links). Anyway after my last crash i bent the main shaft so I straighten that last night and its dead center! my blades have taken a beating but they track properly but since there beaten up they dont give as much lift but I think thats a good idea so I dont take off like a rocket and crash....