RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba AM vs. Futaba FM w/Hitec Mod
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 01:57 AM
joetach
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba AM vs. Futaba FM w/Hitec Mod

Why blame the guy for your receiver being an older, and less efficient model, (obsolete filtering) possibly causing it to be swamped by a more up to date Tx.? That being the case, it`s not his TX that`s at fault (albeit TECHNICALLY illegal). Just out of curiosity, is your system a narrow band?..If it is not, then you would be illegal also!...It`s a very common practice to use the Hitec/Futaba combo ( Although it DOES NOT make it right). As far as FCC Regs..... Did you know that ALL members operating a R/C Tx. who are not registered with the FCC are operating illegally!...If then,.. you are leaning on legal technicalities, it`s probably a draw!...I have the same 5UA radio for about 15 yrs! My point is, that`s the chance we take when we use outdated equipment. It`s just a question of WHEN we will get "hit". Not IF we will get "hit!"! To blame someone else for our misjudgment's in our choice of equipment just isn`t fair. Just another point of view, and food for thought IMHO...Oh!... Just for the record,..YES I do, and will continue to, fly with members that use the same Futaba/Hitec combo.

"Just for today"