RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w (finally solved)
Old 07-29-2006, 03:54 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w

For right now the cline is floating on top the engine as it is mounted sideways. I don't like it flopping around so I'll probably make a mount for it. I do want to keep the regulator within an inch of the carb as the carb signal is what pulls all of the fuel. The reason why I bought the regulator is because many recommended it over the perry pump as it needs no adjustment. The carb sucks, the regulator delievers fuel, it's that simple. I also wanted something completely consistant regardless of attitude or level of fuel in the tank. I should also mention the fuel tank is on the CG which is the biggest reason.

I'll look to see if I can get the shim and a couple of plugs coming from tower since the local hobby stores won't have that.

About the prop, is there something you recommend? STG has been testing the skorepa 19x7 which seems to work well, but it pulls the engine down to 8000. Is that too low? I wonder if I can get a skorepa 18x7... that should be right in there since the skorepa 18x6 runs 100 rpm lower than the apc 18x6w. I'll be driving to the hobby shop in a couple of hours, should I pick up a zinger pro 18x8 for testing? That will probably put the rpms where I want them, but I don't know how will it will work in my 3d app.

Thanks again for everyones help,
schu