RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w (finally solved)
Old 07-31-2006, 11:18 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w

Ok, here is where I'm at:

The 5% fuel is what I'm going to run. I didn't loose any rpm with it and the engine was a bit smoother, but I still have this rich mid range.

I can get the low speed mixture so lean that it will barely idle and it will die if you aren't real slow to add throttle, and the high speed mixture just right, and it still boggs though the midrange. Apparently this carb has so much signal in the midrange it just tries to flood itself when the on-demand regulator gives it all the fuel it wants. In order to fix this I bent the tab down on the cline regulator making it a little less sensitive to carb signal, then ran 9" of fuel line between the regulator and the carb. This seemed to help, but it's still to rich. I then tried putting the cline behind the high speed needle which makes the carb pull it's fuel though the needle and the engine ran good, but I couldn't make it rich enough to 4 stroke so that isn't going to work.

I'll call Jim Cline in the morning and go though this with him, but really the biggest issue is that this carb just has way to much carb signal in the midrange.

Ed Skorepa dropped two props in the mail (19x6 and a 19x7) when those get here later this week I'll try again, hopefully I'll find the right combo before I chew up $50 in fuel

schu