RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help? Phoenix Models 63" Yak-54
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Spacey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help? Phoenix Models 63" Yak-54

Hi Greg,

Love the picture of the kangaroo in the gallary..too cute! I noticed first thing as I took the Harrier out that orientation was going to be a hickup that needs adressing. I will have to do something to get a good view of things if I ever intend to fly some normal aerobatics with it and not just close in 3D. I like what you did with yours..very simple and I can imagine effective too. I have to admit I am very worried about the powerplant for the Harrier. See I fly 4300ASL and sometimes even more at the neighbouring cities like I mentioned above so I can't skimp on motor. And yes then there's the same problem with wingloading at my altitude so not much room to make the right decision in. I see the guys on the forums say they build theirs to around 2.6kg AUW and that's way too much for a .46 or even .50 2-stroke here by me. So i'll probably have to look at something like a Saito .82 or .91. But I'll worry about that at a later stage (Funding is depleted right now ).

Things are looking up for the Yak and if nothing comes up to waste or take up more of my time I might be lucky enough to start building on it this week still. Hold thumbs for me? hehehe