RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w (finally solved)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 AM
bla bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up an OS 1.60, cline, bisson pitts, 18x6w

I don't buy that method at all.
Having it after the HSN mean the you're using that needle to meter the fuel reaching the Cline and not the carb.
The carb is left to gulp what it can when it wants to and as you're seeing, it's just to much and you're unable to meter it.
Clines are a old product, they where specifically made to meter the fuel reaching a carb through it's built in HSN.
Moki's for example, they work superbly with that regulator.
I think that this second alternative method sound like some BS invented by the producer/distributor or who ever to cover that fact that many modern engines come with a remote HSN. Even YS has the reg' before the HSN/carb.

This could well be the reason why Ive only seen pumps used on that engine and the smaller .91FX for that matter.
I think you should spend $30 get a Perry and join the thousands that have experience with that set-up.
The Cline can sit in the hanger waiting for that ideal engine. Mine has... 10 years or so.

By the way I'd stick to the 15% and one head shim.
You will notice no power difference from 0-15% at all and so you shouldn't. (you need to go to 20-30% to get a noticable power increase.
What you will get with 15% is better starting, far more consistant idleling and better throttle transition.
Alround better running engine...but it isn't critical.

I think you should try one last thing.
Take the Remote HSN for the back plate and attach it to the engine mounting lugs close to the carb as possible, then attatch the Reg' directly behing that.
It's 10mins extra work but may save you the pice if the Perry.