RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch building 105" WS S Connie L-1049 (Pics added)
Old 08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scratch building 105" W/S Super connie L-1049 G

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

no one can say what the throtle seting will be,too many variables as size of engines,weight of model,prop size and number of blades.as far as scale speed.this has been debated since scale contests have been going on.time can not be scaled so it is difficult to get a definitive value as if a 1/2 size model speed should be 157mph at 1/4 it is 78.5 at 1/14 it is ridiculous at just over 22 mph

So basically its all in preception of people looking at scale flying model and pilot to accomodate them selves in scale speed manner....Due to few facts that we fly models aircrafts, they really cannot be flown on redused scale speeds or they will stall and become bloobers Shocked ....

I have another question then?, if we cannot fly our scale models on reduced scale speeds then how come judges at big contests can say he is not flying scale speed vs other pilot is flying at scale speed when there is nothing that regulates the scale speed of flying model and same goes for experianced flyers for there comments on pilots flying there models at local fields!, i have heard this alot and it simply dosen't make sence to me why these kind of judgements and comments are passed on pilots over and over again...

To me when i flew my B25, i used to take off at full power to desired altitude and then reduse throttle to 1/2 or 1/3rd throttle so it looks at if its flying scale and on scale speed, to me that was good enough as i really have no idea what speeds "Mitchells" used to fly in reality but yet i have heard few comments passed on me as mentioned above on my speed of flying.