RCU Forums - View Single Post - AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good

Sorry to hear of your troubles Vic. I am sure you will get them sorted out then you will really enjoy this plane.

I attended a large event in Eastern Canada this weekend (Great Atlantic Fun Fly), but turnout was not very good due to the heavy winds on Saturday. This plane flies on the Jett pipe like there is no tomorrow. I changed up to an APC 12x8 and it rocks! I might even try out a 12x10 to see what it will do, but I definitely like the 12x8. The sound from the pipe is very sweet and everyone at the Fun Fly commented on how it sounded... quiet! Tracking on the ashphalt was steady and presented no problems. High speed passes from a few hundred feet verticals was solid when doing passes at 6' over the runway. No signs of flutter at all. My upgrades to 1/8" wire on the stabs is solid. I am very, very, happy with this plane and setup. There were two TV crews doing some taping and video, so maybe it might show up in video sometime. RCTV was one of the crews.

They made us line up the planes on the runway for a photo session, and my Flanker got front row center for the cameras! Here are a few shots I managed to grab before they were dispersed.

Spar