RCU Forums - View Single Post - my ? is witch one of the settings is the right one?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
glk420247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ? is witch one of the settings is the right one?

1 Probably one of the hardest things to do when you first get into this hobby is learning how to tune your engine. One of the problems I first had when I got into nitro was simply realizing what everything was and where the adjustment screws were. Well anyways, here's a picture of the adjustment screws.

The following are what the factory settings are incase you ended up tuning things to the point where the car won't start anymore:
High Speed Needle (HSN) - Turn the screw all the way down (clockwise) but don't tighten it. Then unscrew it 2 1/2 to 3 turns (Counter Clockwise).
Low Speed Needle (LSN) - Should be flush with the collar.
Idle Screw Adjustment - Take off your air filter and make sure your throttle is at idle. Then make sure that the opening in the carb is about 1mm.

Hope this helps. If anyone wants to add anything to this feel free to.

2 Try this....lets start all over from scratch and tune from there....screw in the LSN (low speed needle) all the way in so it seats...DO NOT CRANK IT DOWN TIGHT...just screw it in GENTLY until it stops then back it out about 2-2 1/2 turns....set the HSN (high speed needle) so the head of the screw sits flush with the outer edge of the collar it sits in....take off the air cleaner and see what kind of gap is in the carb....with all your controls ON and the throttle servo centered in it's "neutral" position there should only be about a 1/16th gap showing....you shouldn't have to mess with the factory idle setting...unless and until you get the rest of the tuning right...then you may or may not have to adjust your idle speed screw slightly...

Here Is 2 different settings can someone tell which is the right one. Because i have been doing the first one and its like my engine is going to blow. I hope I didnt hurt it still breaking in. Thanks Greg