RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane for 100 x 200 field?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plane for 100 x 200 field?

I should have said EXCEEDS all your criteria...

Mikey, my "park" is a fraction of the size of your front yard, and literally riddled with obstacles, my flying skills are a mere fraction of yours, it'll be a while before i feel comfortable hovering in my living room, i still try to keep it higher than ceiling hight when i do hover outside... But my point is if a novice pilot like me can have fun with it in such a small area i think most anyone should be able to handle it in a 100x200 foot area. Of course the usual precautions and common sense apply...

The yak seems to be the ideal version for this purpose, that was probably what made me lean towards it over the others but i am sure the mobius and the edge would still be better than pretty much anything else on the market. If you want "large scale" stick time anywhere anytime these things are the ticket.

I am by no means affiliated with airfoilz or 3dx hobbies and unfortunately, i will pay for my next airfoilz just like everyone else.

I just watched the mobius video, not every day do you see a pattern plane hover like that, most all of them have ailerons that stop short of prop wash, this really hurts their roll control at low speed, and allows no roll control at all in a hover. These guys pulled it off, look at those multi point rolls, I'd be hard pressed to do that with a gws formosa 1 on low rates. And give it the rates you want it ain't 3d'ing like this bird.

Even someone looking for an aerobat rather than a 3d plane can enjoy these because they really fly too, and contrary to your average aerobat if your rates are high enough you can literally yank it out of the nastyest situations without risking a stick fight to the ground.

oh and larrwill, whatever gear you have in your mini ultra stick should do just fine on these 3 planes. for the purpose of aerobatic flying. a lighter pack than a 2100 would be preferable though i'd fly one in a 100x200 with confidence, in even greater winds than it can allready handle.