RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skyshark kit prices
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM
mcarleno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skyshark kit prices

ORIGINAL: actionjackson

I picked up an older Heritage Hellcat kit that needed a few parts. I discovered they were now produced by Skyshark so I called and placed an order. I was so impressed with the service and quality that I was compelled to write them and tell them they had earned a new customer. I had planned on purchasing three more of their war bird kits. The total a few months ago was $547.00 it is now $847.00. WOW! All I have to do now is get my boss (the wife) to give me a 36% increase in my hobby budget

I can get all five of the popular .60 size Top Flight warbird kits plus fiberglass cowls for each for about $900. I guess time will tell what the market will bare. I still love Skyshark kits I just have to decide which one instead of three I "might" buy.
Better hurry up an buy a P-39 or a Fw-190D ---- oh, they don't make those any more, like the Zero and the ...... Topflite is a Hobbico company, and soon, all you'll get from them is ARFs. What about the Pica Kits, or Royal, or all of the others that us kit builder pay big $$$ for on ebay because we just wished they where still available. I've got my eye on an A8 even if its 30% price increase, all I every hear about Skyshark is excellent customer service and great products. I'm currently build a plane from scratch and I've got over $300 in balsa and ply and a hundred hours in cutting .... boy I wish there were more kits out there, especial US made and well engineered.

And besides, who else offers a Year crash guarantee! What a great first warbird kit that allows you to fly without the fear of loosing everthing!