RCU Forums - View Single Post - MPI clutch springs
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 03:52 PM
jguitarsandcars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MPI clutch springs

LOL...OK...well all I know is these are a little heavier than our stock ones, but not by too much, but maybe the higher spring tension will cancel the extra length...What the heck, They come with two and I don't think they'll break like the stock ones, so I'll try both...who know's when I'll get to finish putting it back together, I took it apart last week, then have been too busy, been doing a little at a time...I'm making a lot of changes to the whole car and have been running into small issues that are taking me away from working on it driving around trying to find small stuff I want to make what I want to happen actually happen.
Eric, as for the HPI's, I have no clue what they're off of, and the package is long since thrown away, all I know is I went to the LHS asking for the Traxxas one's listed on the "Buggy Compatible Parts" thread by number...I had no clue what model they were supposed to be from (the car, the Maxx, the Revo, the Jato, the old TRX .15, the TRX 2.5, or the TRX 3.3), but when I asked for them by part number, he said he didn't carry just the spring, only the whole clutch slice and he was out of them...He went to the racks, came back with the Hot Bodies and said "these'll work", so I would assume that either they're replacements for the one's I asked for, or they're aftermarket ones that some of the guys with the traxxas run for better reliability or performance...The shop is the one who sold me the S-Maxx for my son, so he knew I had that...