RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Cedar Hobbies Pheonix
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Cedar Hobbies Pheonix

The model uses Ca hinges..and there are arguements on both sides for or against. I am building it as suggested with the included CA hinges. Besides,,,jrf is watching me for exact build procedures!! Pressure is on!!! Most of you know how to install these hinges, but I will put in my two cents. You must use thin CA. Most of the cut out for the Ca hinges were already installed except the alierons for some reason. The included hinges has a slot in the center to aid wick action of the Ca. I also have a thing to push a hobby pin into the slots three times to make sure there is a positive inlet for the CA. I also mark the hinges at half way so that I can get uniform depth of the hinges. Test fit the control surfaces BEFORE gluing to make sure there are no fit up problems. Then insert and glue all the CA hinges into, for example the horizontal stabilzer and let dry. Make sure the first gluing is dry, or the test fit of the control surface could stick!! Then slide the control surface into the hinges and UP close the the other surface..Remember the three pin holes previously done on ALL slots. CA the hinges into the control surface, but try not to glue the control surface to the main mounting surface. Light blowing of wicked CA along the hinge line or use of WAX paper to keep the excess glue out helps. The closer the control surface to the mount, the more positive the surface will be. Do for all surfaces and make sure they move freely after the CA dries.
Let dry.
Twinman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87546.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	505824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50907.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	505825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82538.jpg