RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Cedar Hobbies Pheonix
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 05:50 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Cedar Hobbies Pheonix

Radio Installation.
Ok ok, so I did not follow the installation instructions..excactly..Like YOU always do and never customize!!
I decided to go to twin servos for the elevator and pull pull for the rudder. High torque for rudder and only 60oz for the elevator halves. I think standard would work unless you were going to go large engine and high speed. Ailerons are high torque, high speed and metal gear. Whole system is 6V..personal favorite. Reciever in the center and battery inserted in the nose area behind the firewall for the nose gear. No additional weight is needed for balance..NONE!
Mixing is set up for separate engine channels and one rotarary knob for one engine. This for fine adjustment, of matching engines.
Note, the engines have a good amount of down thrust..which worried me, but I left it in as is,,and it flew just fine..Not sure why on that one, but I did not design it.
The wiring can be run more neatly under the servo tray, but hey..I want to go fly.
I set the rudder for maximum possible throws..around 3" each way and almost 2" on the elevator and just over 1" on the ailerons. I did put in almost 50% exponential and ailerons and elevator..none on rudder!!!..not much on dual rates.
Simple push rod to the nose wheel set for minimum throws.
Twinman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22438.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	506568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89953.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	506569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87932.jpg
Views:	15