RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the Toughest?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the Toughest?

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

Poor differentials, a one way bearing that always gets messed up from the dirt that gets into it. An engine that will shake itself loose from its mount unless you loctite each screw EVERY time you take it out. You have to retune the engine about half way through the tank due to poor pressurization. A pipe that always falls out of the header. Shocks the blow fairly easily from any large jump. A throttle servo that is incredibly weak. Not to mention that unless you zip tie your bulkheads the arms that hold the A arms in will just fly out.

Yes the body on the savage X itself is tough. It is a very well designed truck, but seems to have a fair amount of mechanical problems. I would much rather replace suspension arms than reshimming my diffs.

Every rc vehicle has a weakness.
the differentials are fine. mine didn't let go until I had one too many hard landings with a Mach 427 and Moabs. and it was the internals of the diffs, not the ring and pinion.

Yes, unless you loctite it EVERY TIME you take it out it'll shake itself loose. guess what, THAT'S CALLED PART OF MAINTENANCE! you loctite screws EVERY time you put them back in, i don't know what plannet you're from.

I don't have to retune my engine through an entire day of running, neither the stocker or the M427.

I just check my hingepins at the half tank point-it prevents that from happening.

Yes, every truck has its weaknesses, but expect somebody to raise the BS flag when you say something so vague. I never shimmed my diffs, either