RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twist 3D 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 11:52 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twist 3D 60 ARF

ORIGINAL: bobkra
I spent most of today putting it together. Had I chosen the 2 stroke engine or electric motor setup, it'd be done with time to spare. With the Saito however, there's just no decent way to hook up the throttle. I switched the carb orientation back and forth several times and looked at it from several different angles but the best I could come up with was to build a replacement hatch that would hold an HS81 and have a rod run from it to the carb arm over the top of the hatch. It won't look pretty but it'll be functional. I believe it would be possible to squeeze a rod on the far port side and bend it such that it might work but I absolutely hate using bent rods.
For future reference, what lair300s mentioned is commonly referred to as 4-stroke linkage. Dubro actually makes a hardware package you can buy:

Dubro 4-Stroke Throttle Linkage
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD939&P=7

Just for reference, here are a couple pics. The linkage on my SIG Mayhem is homemade and bolted directly to the engine mount, the linkage on the Tiger 2 is the Dubro hardware and bolted to a small metal bracket that I fabricated. Both work great.

Let me know if you still have questions about it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50765.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	506946   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43395.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	506947