RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twist 3D 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM
bobkra
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twist 3D 60 ARF

ORIGINAL: sgillmore

The linkage on my SIG Mayhem is homemade and bolted directly to the engine mount, the linkage on the Tiger 2 is the Dubro hardware and bolted to a small metal bracket that I fabricated. Both work great.

Let me know if you still have questions about it.
Great pics... I am aware of both methods you've used and have seen them both in person. The method you used on the Mayhem requires adequate room between the fuse and the engine mount which there isn't on the Twist. I could have cut off the side of the fuse but decided against it. The bracket mount method could be made to work with a seriously bent linkage rod from the bracket arm to the carb but I don't feel a bent arm provides the same strength and feel as a direct link does, especially when hovering down low where throttle control is critical. I considered using a bracket on the opposite side by flipping the carb but you still have interference problems between the engine mount and carb arm unless you're willing to give up some throw which I wasn't. If someone can do with a bent rod, I believe the port side carb orientation might work without any extra linkage.