RCU Forums - View Single Post - New CMP 50-sized Corsair
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
zeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New CMP 50-sized Corsair

Great!
I actually maiden my CMPro Corsair last week!
Had some trouble getting it off the ground at first, but when finally up it prooved to be a very stable flier. The CG of 3" feels spot on.
The ASP 70 4-stroke runs great, put it forward as far as I cosmetically could, and put the reciever battery on a glued on ledge under the engine. Still had to put 250 gram (8,8oz?) to get it to balance at 3".
It doesn't feel that heavy during flight though. The loops doesn't get that round though, perhaps an ASP 80 or 91 would have been more suitable. But I'm happy as it is, more scale'ish flight, just need to collect more speed probably. And I'm using a 12 x 6 prop at the moment, perhaps things will change when the engine is broken in more and gets to spin a 13 x 6. Did only a couple of flights, cause guess what... yes, the retracts broke loose after my third landing.
But this is probably my fault, I was a put lazy here, I assembled as per instructions. Which means you use the 12mm `(?) long screws to connect the retracts on to blocks, then glue the blocks to the ticker plywood in the wing... This didn't hold that well. So now I got some longer screws that goes through the blocks and into the plywood seat in the wing.
The downside is that is a retract gets ripped out it will take more wood with it, which mean a more complicated repair is needed. But still.

I put a couple of bricks in to get some downthrust as well, 2mm totally if I recall correctly.

Its a beautiful plane both on the ground and in the air! It looks great with the wheels retracted and coming in for a speedy low pass, those wings gives it a very special silhouette.