RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the Toughest?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Whats the Toughest?

Aside from putting in after-run oil after every time out, I have done ZERO maintenance to my Savage in like three months, or 20+ tank-fulls..(before that, the ONLY thing I've EVER had to do - aside from the expected 2 or 3 spur gears at the beginning, was the OWB about 3 months ago...) No, diff-shimming, no lock-titing, no NOTHING.. Unless you count brushing off dirt with an old paint brush maintenance.. And I've had some pretty hideos crashes too - especially on the lid after trying back-flips off the most ghetto ramp you can imagine(a flimsy chunk of plywood propped against a plastic bucket-full of gravel..) It even crashed so hard on its lid that the air-filter came off without my noticing for a few minutes.. Looked up under the body and there it was just sitting there - next to the bent up roll bar. Took the roll-bar off, muscled it back into shape, and that was that. That's why I like Savages - because they require so LITTLE maintenance. Just thrash the c r a p out of 'em and they keep on taking it..

The older Savages anyways..

Here's a vid that I would say about sums it up..:

http://www.highoctanehobbies.com/videos/

My favorite is Redneck Bashers 2..

And no offense to Revo drivers - Traxxas isn't so big in Germany, so I just don't know much about them.. They look cool though..