RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Hey DP that's exciting. I always like the start of a project - energy is high, it's all new! Please keep us updated.
Alan - thanks for the weight insite; yes my plane is bigger; 1/4 scale. I agree that should give me the margin to handle the extra weight of cold molding the fuselage. But I do need to find a way to make tires lighter than AMZ's solid urethane tires.

I installed the mercedes and spandau this weekend. I figured a couple hours - no luck. The engine was slightly bigger than I had figured so I had to remake some of the cowling (all aluminum sheet). I new better than to build the cowling first, but couldn't resist when I bought the material!! Boy it's a tight fit under that wing. Putting the pieces together really underscores this plane was all about the engine and guns - that's a lot of hardware up there. Radiator is next on the schedule. I also finished the cabane flying wires. Since my cabanes are pinned ball joints, the rigging will take all the side-side shear load. I wish there were diagonal braces between the cabanes, but I think when the external landing and flying wires are rigged, the whole structure will be pretty stiff.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98380.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	507342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33434.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	507343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18315.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	44.6 KB