RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chatham Contest August 19th
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chatham Contest August 19th

ORIGINAL: Mentor34

ORIGINAL: Jabba

The CHATHAM SCALE is not a MAAC event. NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS about it.
MAAC did not take part in the planning, put up any $$$, put any work into the event.
It's a Chatham Aeronauts EVENT, they did all the work. BUT up all the money.

YOU were asked not to attend. BUT did not go with the WISHES of the CHATHAM CLUB.
then you wrote a letter (second year you done that) crying that you were not given any recognition.
WHY would they - the club did not want you at the even.
YOU keep putting your noise in Chatham Club business when they do not want your opinion.

So Palmer........ What you're saying is that this scale event that was cancelled, was the original CAC event that MAAC wouldn't agree to endorse? If that's the case, then its sounds to me like a little UNDERHANDED dirty work of someone trying to disguise this CAC event under the CHATHAM AERONAUTS charter. I've never seen anything posted stating that it WAS NOT a MAAC event. As far as I've been led to believe, it was a MAAC chartered event being put on by the Chatham club and NOW you're saying that's not the case.
Secondly, how would you expect spectators to show up to see an airshow when you tell the pilots they can't come to perform for the spectators.
Seems to me like there would be a couple spectators sitting in lawn chairs looking at an empty sky, if they even showed up at all.........That really defeats the purpose of having an event if you're only gonna perform for the 3 of ya's...[sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=crying.gif]
YES the scale contest that was cancelled (and the only reason was because of LACK of pilots) was the original CAC event.
NO there was NO UNDERHANDED dirty work.... the BOD and the ZD all new what was going on. I fact it was there idea.
To Change the name and get a different club to sponsor it. Which was done.

WHAT makes it a MAAC event?
Sure the MAAC NATS. is an MAAC event, it has there NAME in it.

NO the Chatham Scale or the Chatham Contest were NOT MAAC events. They had NOTHHING to do with either of them.
JUST like the SPRC event they are NOT MAAC events. MAAC does not put any $$$ into them or any work.
YOU do not need a MAAC Sanction to have an event.
ONLY to record MAAC records or FAI records.
If you wish you could have a Scale Contest and not even use MAAC rules. Just the they do in the US for TOP GUN and the US SCALE MASTERS, each have there own rules.

So now a club cannot inform a person(s) that they are not welcome at there field?
The Chatham Airport is a Chatham Aeronauts field, just like the Leamington Airport is a SPRC field.

Gee I think Patch has been asked to leave from several clubs.

It's just plan and simple: Dennis, John, and Chris are event CRASHERS. (maybe they will make a move about them).
They were asked by the club NOT to attend the event.

BUT then Rob if you ever CD a event you would know what your talking about.

Mentor34
Secondly, how would you expect spectators to show up to see an airshow when you tell the pilots they can't come to perform for the spectators.
The ONLY pilots (GATE CRASHERS) that were asked NOT to attend we Dennis, John, and Chris. That leaves lots of other pilots. Seems to me Chatham Scale had LOTS of pilots (the were not GATE CRASHERS) and LOTS of spectators. YOU were even there.

Mentor34
MAAC chartered event:
there is NOTHING called a MAAC chartered event.
Again you are showing you have never CD an event.
Clubs get Charters
Events if you wish can be SANCTIONED.

What does an event sanction get you other then in MAAC mag.

ALL MAAC members are covered by the MAAC insurance if they have the land owner OK. (this is what the insurance policy says – I’ve got a copy).

Palmer